I’m off of Twitter and Facebook, so my blog is starting to become my go-to rant spot once again.
This morning it’s Jane Brody that’s got me ranty, with her unbelievably incoherent take on exercise and diets:
Let me give you my snarky summary of this piece:
- Diets don’t work.
- People are beginning to understand this.
- They’re starting to accept their bodies as they are and go on with their lives.
- This makes Jane Brody feel bad for them, because they really should feel bad for themselves.
- Turns out people should exercise instead of diet to be healthier.
- But Jane Brody suggests they should diet too, even though it doesn’t work.
- Jane Brody concludes by entitling the piece to imply exercise makes people lose weight even though there’s plenty of evidence that it doesn’t.